Election for the Students’ Union is held once in an academic session after the admissions are over or as directed by the Government in Higher Education Department, Odisha. The students elect office bearers by means of direct and secret ballot. The Results of elections are announced by the Principal in the college notice board in terms of the Annual College Election Letter no.51083 dt.15.09.2000 from Government of Orissa, Department of Higher Education on Election of College Unions. In order to enforce discipline, after careful consideration Govt. have been pleased to decide that election of the college union and other societies/Associations shall be held in all Govt. and non-Govt. colleges on specified dates and time table announced by Govt. hence forward with guidelines stated below.
1. a) The students contesting for different posts cannot put hoardings and posters. College authority shall affix hoardings at conspicuous places indicating the name of the candidates/posts for which they are contesting. The expenditure on this account shall be borne out of the college union fund.
b) Election Result shall be published by the college authority at a conspicuous place/notice board of the college.
c) Student convicted by any Court of law cannot contest the election. D. A student who does not have 50% attendance in the class cannot contest for any post.
d) If any contesting candidate indulges in violent activities to intimidate the student to vote for him/her, he/she shall be disqualified and his/her candidature shall stand cancelled.
(Memo no. 47127fdt.O6.09.2000 from Director, Higher Education, Orissa to all Govt. and non-Govt. Colleges.)
2. Every member of the union and associations has the right to vote. No member shall give more than one vote for each office to be filled in. However, the students of Self-financing course neither possess voting right, nor can participate in the election.
3. Election shall be conducted once only and votes recorded in such manner as the Principal shall determine from time to time.
4. A candidate getting the largest number of votes shall be declared elected. If election is incomplete/a post lies vacant for any reason the Principal shall nominate a student on merit basis (as per the last examination). A post means any office bearer or representatives of union/association/societies. For representative, merit will be considered from among the students of the same class. For the same class, for different associations the order of associations, the notification shall be maintained.
5. Recounting of votes cannot be claimed by any candidate under any circumstances.
6. In case of an equal of votes between any two or more candidates the election result of the successful candidates shall be determined by lot.
7. The different portfolios for which the election will be conducted are
a. President Students’ Union : one
b. Vice-President Students’ Union : one
c. Secretary, Students’ Union : one
d. Asst. Secretary, Students’ Union : one
e. Class Representatives
(One from each class for Students’ Union) : six
II.a. Secretary, Athletic Association: one
b. Asst Secretary, Athletic Association: one
c. Class Representatives (One from each class): six
III. a. Secretary, Dramatic Society: one
b. Asst. Secretary Dramatic Society: one
c. Class Representatives (one from each class): six
IV.a. Secretary, Day Scholars’ Association: one
b. Asst. Secretary, Day Scholars’ Association: one
c. Representatives (one from each class) : six
V.a. Secretary, Common Room : one
b. Asst. Common Room : one
VI.a. Secretary, SSG: one
b. Asst. Secretary, SSG: one
VII.a. Secretary, Oriya Sahitya Sansad : one
b. Asst. Secretary, Oriya Sahitya Sansad : one
VIII. a. Secretary Science Society : one
b. Asst. Secretary Science Society : one
c. Class Representatives (One from each science classes): Three